Do I need to worry if I haven’t moved into the tower yet?
No. Load the new version, make sure all the add-ons are up to date, and you’re done.
Also, do not load the UL_Upgrader_MWSE.esp. You don’t need it.
How do I upgrade from Uvirith’s Legacy 3.0 (or 3.1) to 3.2?
The following cells need to be cleaned for all changes to take effect:
- Tel Uvirith Storage
- Tel Uvirith Servant’s Quarter
- Tel Uvirith, Prison Barracks
- Balmora, Nalcarya of White Haven: Fine Alchemist
- Sadrith Mora, Anis Seloth: Alchemist
- Also, for some reason altering the storage room made the Dungeon Deep Tunnels dirty, even though I didn’t so much as breathe on that cell. I don’t know why.
The best way to clean them is with Enchanted Editor:
- Load your current game and move any stuff you have in those cells.
- Once you’re sure everything you want to keep is out of them, save your game (in a room other than the ones you need to clean) and make a backup of your save.
- Load your savegame in Enchanted Editor, go to the Cells tab, and delete the cells listed above. Save your savegame in EE.
- Load your cleaned save and continue playing. If it turns out you forgot something in one of those cells, go to your backup save and go back to step one.
If you’re still having issues, you may need to do a more thorough save cleaning.
How do I thoroughly clean my saves?
You are going to have to move out of your tower, and send all your companions back to their meeting places. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Move out of your tower. Gather up all your stuff and take it somewhere not altered by Uvirith’s Legacy.
- Save your game.
- Exit and unload Uvirith’s Legacy and all related add-ons.
- Reload your game and click through all error messages.
- Save a new game.
- Exit and load the new version of Uvirith’s Legacy and your add-ons.
- Reload your game.
Once you’re done, you can recover your companions by meeting them in their original start positions. You will have to return to N’tashra’s Sanctuary to retrieve Sara. Go to Uvirith’s Tomb. Once there, you can call Ash-Kosh with the telepathy ring.[_/su_spoiler]
Will I lose all my stuff when I clean my save?
If you leave your stuff in updated cells, yes, which is why I’ve included the MWSE upgrader to make hauling it a little easier.
I didn’t have a problem with my upgrade tests, but if you’re worried, download the Alchemy Storage Helper (requires MWSE) and stuff your ingredients in there.[_/su_spoiler]
I have a lot of stuff in the alchemy desk. Do I have to empty that before upgrading too?
What is the UL_Upgrader_MWSE.esp?
It’s an add-on that uses the Bag of Holding as temporary storage for cleaning cells. You need MWSE or equivalent (MGE, MGSO etc.) to use it. You also need the Bag of Holding. Full instructions are included in your download.
I've already done the inscription quest in Uvirith’s Legacy 3.0. Will I lose my quills?
Yes, but you don’t need to fetch everything to get them back. You only have to collect the soul gems you haven’t brought him yet. If you’ve finished the quest, Master Llapp will even give you free ink. You’ll be more than halfway there to completing the rituals compared to someone just starting. Master Llapp is supposed to return the quill to you if you finished the quest in 3.0. If he doesn’t give it to you, that means you need to upgrade to version 3.2 However, the quill will reappear in Llruvii’s inventory, so if you missed that update, you can still get a new quill.
After upgrading, do I have to reactivate all the teleportation platforms?
No. Though they reactivate the first time you touch them after upgrading, you don’t have to reactivate the one you want to go to. That data is saved.
Is Uvirith’s Legacy 3.0 compatible with 2.0 saves?
No. Especially if you have entered the upper tower at all, the scripts on magical goodies like the Bag of Holding will most likely cause your game to CTD. I tried to make an upgrade compatible version, but it refused to work.